We have ourselves almost totally booked for company this year. I'm ambivalent about so much activity. Already we had friends from home staying for 4 days last week and that was pleasant but I need down time which I didn't have with them, as thoughtful and helpful as they were.
My sister and her best friend come next week and then the day they leave, my husband's college friend and his wife arrive for 8 days seguing into a two day class reunion of sorts in St Augustine. Then we spend an extra day visiting a professional colleague and his wife, staying at their place. I hate staying at someone else home but at least it's only one night.
We have the tail end of Feb free but only because my husband will be back at work, attending meetings.
Then there are the kids in March, still undecided on when they will come.
Then we go home.
I'm fortunate I love Florida, especially the weather and beauty. But also the new condo we bought two years ago beautifully fits our needs. Size, access, convenience are decorated to our tastes and perfectly suited to our needs.
My old college friend and her husband rent here in Florida, have rented here probably for the past ten years. Her husband, very pragmatically states it is not financially beneficial to own a second home if you actually spend less than 5 months in Florida. But I visited her yesterday and her rented condo was cluttered with the owners"stuff": knick knacks, pictures, food in the pantry. Yuk. That's like camping out in someone's place, very temporarily and alienating. They are looking for another place to rent for next year, a real nuisance.
No comments:
Post a Comment