Saturday, April 8, 2017

Winding Down

April is the month of exodus from Florida for "snowbirds".  This year is no different although many friends leave a little later than April 1 to avoid traffic. Renters typically leave April 1 after a three month stay.  See you next year, everyone says.  When are you coming back ask those who stay here longer.  Depending on how far North  they are from, some friends stay here most of the time, going back to New England, for example, in June.

I feel sad to leave Florida.  I love it here, mainly for the weather which is sunny and in the 70's every day.  Our condo is comfortable, the community beautiful and life is mostly manageable. Not much to drive you crazy except the traffic.  Zoey loves it too.  She loves our vets where we take her for day care, she loves our walks, mostly. I like this condo community which has the right balance of privacy.  Not so much forced socializing.  

Everything we have at home we have here.  I have a little garden outside our lanai.  The kids come and visit and we do things with them.  We see old friends who converge on Florida from other states.  Everyone is at the same point in life.  Getting cataract surgery.  Getting knee or hip replacements.  Getting ill.  It's easy to get dr. appointments.  A zazillion doctors are here.  The only thing I've had a hard time with is hairdressers - finding a good one.

I call friends back home whose husbands are sick.  That is so unfair... terrible illnesses such as MS.

Yesterday a friend said to me, every year we'd say, see you next year to everyone.  Now I wonder she said.  I said, me too,

No comments:

Post a Comment