Sunday, June 18, 2017

Oh, the people you will meet

We have been back home for almost two months now.  Good grief....how the heck did that happen.  Time is compressed when you run around, catching up and that is what we have been doing.  Dr and dentist appts, plumber, carpenter bee guy, appliance guy, landscaper, etc. Finally have a good haircut and nails done 5 minutes away.  Been cleaning out boxes but not fast enough.  Giving stuff away but not fast enough.  Seen family and friends. Spent a week at our family timeshare.  Hosted our daughter and her husband for a week, had dsughter's friends and their families  down to our cottage for a crab feast (weather fortunately was good).

Now we are at the hot and humid and horrible season.  No more gardening....too hot.....walking Zoey minimally....too hot.  Staying inside.  Just like winter but the opposite.

Yesterday, I went back to my nail gal, second time since we came back from Florida.  No one was there except one or two people.  As I walked back to my chair where I left my purse, a heavy set middle aged woman calls out, very officiously, "Ma'm, don't ever leave your purse on the floor!!"  Why not, I ask.  "All the energy from your money will go into the floor', says she.  Well, maybe that's a good thing say I.  Ohhhh, no, says she.  What about credit cards? Them, too says she.  Otherwise she seemed perfectly normal.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment