Friday, March 26, 2021

Don't look a Gift Horse in the Mouth

 A Florida neighbor, who hails from Canada, has been stuck in Canada during the pandemic.  He emailed recently with an update and a request.  He was shopping for new condo insurance.  He was paying X dollars and asked who do we use and what do we pay.  I said we are paying more than X and he has a good deal, however we like our company and agent. He wrote back that he could put us in touch with his agent and that we were paying too much.

My first inclination was to say, no thanks.  Then I thought, why not?  I'm not going to switch but why not be gracious and take the name of his agent?  People like doing that kind of favor; make them feel like good neighbors.

I remember years ago a neighbor wanted to give me her 10 year daughter's outgrown clothes for my younger daughter.  I turned it down.  I think she was insulted.  In retrospect, I could have just accepted the clothes and donated them or picked out one or two for my daughter to wear. 

So I said yes to my helpful neighbor.

He sent me the information. Maybe I can use it at some point, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment