Friday, August 28, 2015

Back on the path through the woods

It has been more than two years since I walked down our community path through the woods to our marina. The path continues up into an adjacent community and always made a pleasant walk as well as being good exercise.

It has been two years since our big coyote problem.  Last year there were a few sightings, this year so far none. I broke off a big stick when I entered the path with Zoey today.  So many memories....especially of Rebe whom I used to let loose at a certain point down the path.  She would run but also stay close to me or come when I called.  Now I can never do that with Zoey.  I'm still concerned that there might be  coyotes in the area.  A neighbor, an ally in the coyote debacle, told me that during a recent creek restoration project in the gorge between the two community's paths, the contractors said they found a coyote den.  So maybe that activity might have frightened off the coyotes.  Who knows.  I long suspected they had several dens and I think one of the trappers we interviewed indicated as much.

Anyway, it is nice to get more exercise and make the walk more interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment