Thursday, September 3, 2015

Check your insurance policies

I thought I had this stuff straightened out last spring, although the new agent seemed a little dense at the time.  Now it's time for new auto policy charges and guess what?  I took a close look.  Found that they were charging comprehensive and collision on two old cars we drove maybe 2K miles a year.  We should get rid of those cars but they are not worth much if we sell them.  Cancelled comprehensive and collision, saving us about $600 a year. But my joy was short-lived.

Looked at the "discounts" offered and saw that I was eligible for a new car discount last year when I bought my Hyundai in October.  No one told me and now they say I had to ask for the discount when I enrolled the car.  So buyer beware.  Your agent will not flag this stuff for you.

It gets worse.  Our boat insurance was terminated in June.  No notification.  I don't see our umbrella policy listed on this sooper dooper e - account, either.

Just check this stuff once or twice a year. Maybe more if your agent is under-trained or lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment