Our trip to Florida was tiring but uneventful. As we did last year, we arrived Christmas Eve and unpacked as much as we could. We took too much down with us!!! oh well.
Had Christmas dinner with the friends we joined last year. Last year we ate out. This year one couple had us to their home. She did it up royally, beautiful gold and white table, no effort was spared. This is a childless couple, very kind, very giving. They have a large home and a little dog she inherited from her sister. We took oey with us but she and the little dog didn't get along (predictably). A pleasant time.
Then we joined these same friends for New Years Eve. Again, a lovely time. But I realized that these old friends (from our younger political days in Maryland) are at least ten years older than we we are.. How long can this last ?
I feel the need to make an effort to meet new friends, do new things. This community is not amenable to it since it does not have the core activity of golf, or a clubhouse with a million things to do etc. I walk Zoey, wave hi but don't really connect. I like the anonymity but it might become isolating at some point. We always have company so there is a certain busyness. But this year we will have less company so it might be the year to branch out.
No comments:
Post a Comment