Wednesday, July 20, 2016

When things fall apart, part 2


While my daughter was visiting here for one night and coping with impossible situations of her own making, I was having my own disaster control.

My husband and I arrived late last night from the west coast.  Mistake number one: we flew into an airport we didn't fly out of.  We drove our car to the first airport and left it there instead of taking a cab.   Don't ever do that !!!  Now we have to drive up to airport number one and and get it.

Then our "extra" old car wouldn't start due to a dead battery.  My husband left one of the tuning signals on .....Triple A came out but the guy said the battery was completely dead and would be hard to resurrect.  The battery was only 3 months old but I bought a new battery and had him install it.Got THAT off my plate, anyway.

Before this car issue even hit my awareness, I fed Zoey her breakfast but couldn't find her Prozac.  It was left at the vets when my husband boarded her before the pet sitter came.  The vets didn't give it back in her doggy bag and neither my husband or my pet sitter noticed.  Prozac should not be stopped like that.  Damn.  But she seems fine.


Then my cleaning woman called and said she would be late. Late?  I forgot I rescheduled her for today!!!  She arrived with her daughter who parked her car in a spot in front of our house.  Backing out to run an errand, I sideswiped her daughter's car.  No dents, just paint.  Daughter looked like she would cry.  I said, get an estimate, I will pay for it.  She still looked like she would cry and said she would get an estimate and left.

Then I walked our yard and noticed that all the expensive stuff I put up to deter deer didn't work.  No daylilies this year...the deer ate most.

Well, things can always be worse.  And I try to keep all this in perspective.  What bothers me is what bothers our daughter.  Some stuff is avoidable, like hitting a parked car.  Some isn't, like deer foraging in the yard.....

No comments:

Post a Comment