I have a long time friend from back home who is a widow and has been with a guy friend for 10 years or so. She met him on line on a dating site called J Date, for Jewish singles. Before she met him, she met a couple of creeps. I couldn't do it but I admire her bravery and determination.
My friend is the type of person who makes lemonade out of lemons. Her life has not been easy. Her husband was a difficult man who died suddenly. She stayed in the home where they raised her children and where she had a clinical practice. Money was tight but she was very planful and careful. She would take the Metro to DC when I would drive and pay for parking. She exercised, and walked, went to the Arboretum and other parks where entry was free. She kept up her practice and at night took dancing, yoga, voice lessons and sung in a choir. She wrote and published a self help book. She attended conferences to keep up her skills. She and her guy friend travel extensively, go to shows all over, are always doing something.
No comments:
Post a Comment