March 31 2020 Our daughter is a physician in a COVID only hospital. She had dire news. Maybe it was "out there" in all the reports on the internet but I never processed it. Sooner or later, almost the entire population of the world will get COVID. There is no immunity. She recommended my husband and I self isolate for 6 to 8 months. Or until they find a vaccine.
I told a friend that information (by phone). Also our son. They both said, maybe we should get it now while facilities are not overcrowded I said, no, there's no guarantee getting it now will provide immunity. Plus it is a horrible way to die, choking without air.
Meanwhile, ordinary life goes on for many people we know: All in the past month.
An employee of my husband and her husband have it. They have two small children. The children are symptom free but brought it home from their Day Care teacher. She said she has a constant headache, breathing problems, and fatigue.
A former colleague of mine's son, in his 20's, died of an overdose.
A friend's grandchild, severely disabled sine birth, died at age 15.
A friend' new granddaugher, a new born; has a rare bacterial infection and is in a hospital with her mother.
A good friend here in Florida fell in his lanai and broke his shoulder, wrist and has a trombosis in his leg. He is at home.
The good news is we are safe here in our small condo community in Florida. Every day brings small challenges to be overcome. Today my Whole Foods order went through for delivery. I'm stunned. This has been my daily on line hunt and only once before has a WH order gone through. I think people are leaving lorida for "home" wherever that is. We are stayig although my husband wants to go "home" somehow.
No comments:
Post a Comment