Here's the new normal. Hunting for food delivery. I have on line carts at Amazon, Whole Foods, Publix, Walmart and Target. Target seems to never have delivery dates. Publix was Ok early on. Not so much now. Walmart is good for household items and will ship them separately. They have an in house delivery service so they can ship partial orders as available. Whole Foods is a challenge. You have to game them, Order early the next day to get on their schedule. By early I mean EARLY. At midnight they did not have any slots available. But by forcing myself to stay awake until 1:45 a.m., I scored my cart load for delivery. Stunning what makes us happy.
My sister tells me they don't have delivery at Stew Leonards on Long Island. That was always her go to food purveyor, even when she lived in Connecticut. She tries telephone ordering and the line is always busy. Of course. This is the end result of not owning a computer or learning survival technology. So now her son in law, a physician, does the shopping for his family and then for my sister and then drives 45 minutes to deliver it to her.
An employee of my husband who telecommutes has COVID. So does her husband. Now she thinks her young daughter has it. Misery doesn't get any worse. My husband is doing her work. I'm starting to help him.
Husband had a eureka moment. What if we run out of toilet paper? Bingo. He is only a month too late with that question. He has no idea of how food and supplies show up on our door. He would shrivel up and die if I were not here. I have toilet paper on order from a non traditional source. That's how I found Purell many moons ago.
Today is the first of Florida's shelter in place rules. I wonder how that will go...t has been party-hearty here for the past month.
No comments:
Post a Comment