Sunday, April 5, 2020

Day 24

A Sunday. Tried to tune in to UUN church services.  Worked OK but then I tried to sign in to google to comment and that got screwed up when I couldn't change my goggle password.

The theme this Sunday was, What Can We DO?  Some examples and recommendations were made.


I have been thinking about everything that has happened this past winter to people we know and it is astounding.  Most of these events are  part of the yin and yang of life.  There's a time for everything as the song goes.

I'm trying to connect to those who were affected.

An acquaintance's husband committed suicide. I sent a check to her charity on the obit and sent her a note.

A friend's granddaughter died of respiratory issues resulting from a birth injury. I sent a check to her charity and an email to my friend.

A friend;s son and his wife had a baby after many years of trying.  The baby developed two severe bacterial infections and is in the hospital with the mother.

A former colleague's son died of an overdose.  I emailed him and plan to make a contribution to a memorial garden in his name.

The COVID hit an employee of my husband, and her husband. They are parents of toddlers She is improving.  I sent an Easter basket  for the children and some goodies for the parents

My sister is isolated in a condo, living alone.  She has friends in her community that she would walk with, now she walks alone.  I sent her a mushroom flatbread for Easter (she is diabetic).

No comments:

Post a Comment